SC Drug Trafficking Laws
Drug Trafficking Defense Attorneys
If you’ve been arrested and charged with drug trafficking, it is critical that you hire an experienced South Carolina Drug Trafficking Attorney. The penalties attached to being convicted of trafficking drugs are incredibly serious. Your present and future freedom depends on fighting these charges, as the penalties for drug trafficking (depending upon the drug, the arrest, and your record) can include:
- Trafficking Marijuana: more than ten pounds, but less than one hundred pounds
- First offense: One to 10 years in prison and $10,000 in fines;
- Five to 20 years in prison and $15,000 in fines for a second offense trafficking charge;
- 25 years in prison and $20,000 in fines for a third or subsequent offense.
- If you are charged with trafficking over one hundred pounds of marijuana your possible conviction can result in up to 30 years in prison and $200,000 in fines.
- Cocaine Trafficking: Depending upon the amount, penalties for trafficking less than one hundred grams:
- First offense: three to ten years in prison and $25,000.00 in fines;
- Second offense: five to thirty years in prison and a $50,000.00 fine
- Third offense or subsequent offense: twenty five to thirty years in prison and a $50,000.00 fine.
- If you are charged with trafficking over one hundred grams of cocaine your possible conviction can result in up to thirty years in prison and a $200,000.00 fine.
- Under Federal Law, anyone who uses, possesses, or carries a firearm during or in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime is subject to a five year mandatory consecutive term of imprisonment.
- If you are convicted of carrying a firearm, five years will be added to your sentence and it may not be served consecutively with any other count.
Do You Need Help?
We want to protect your rights as drug possession and drug trafficking lawyers. We provide aggressive representation that comes from our years of experience interpreting and building the SC Drug laws. We want to help you fight.